Healthy Recipe: Strawberry Salad
May is National Strawberry month and one simple way to focus on nutrition is to add more fruits to your plate. It’s also a great way to add color, flavor, and texture plus vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber.
Strawberries will be in abundance in our local area this month, so use some of the ones you grab up to try this fun and tasty recipe.
Strawberry Quinoa Salad
- ½ cup dry quinoa, rinsed well
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- ⅔ cup sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves, sliced finely
Ingredients for Dressing
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place quinoa in medium saucepan along with 1¾ cups water. Bring to boil, then cover and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove lid and cook until all water is evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Make the dressing by combining all ingredients in a bowl or jar.
- Place the quinoa, spinach, strawberries, toasted almonds, and basil in bowl and combine.
- Add and toss in dressing just prior to serving.