Healthy Recipe: Roasted Veggies With Avocado Dressing
March is National Nutrition Month and one simple way to focus on nutrition is to add more fruits and vegetables to your plate. It’s also a great way to add color, flavor, and texture plus vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber.
Oven-roasting vegetables takes little effort and adds a savory depth of flavor. One unique way to use your roasted veggies is by making them the basis of a warm and hearty salad.
Roasted Veggies with Avocado Dressing
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 lb butternut squash, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, hulled and halved
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz mixed greens
Ingredients for Dressing
- 1 avocado
- 1 small garlic clove
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the butternut squash, bell pepper, brussels sprouts, dried oregano, salt, pepper, and olive oil until the veggies are evenly coated.
- In a large bowl, mix the butternut squash, bell pepper, Brussels sprouts, dried oregano, salt, pepper, and olive oil until the veggies are evenly coated.
- To make the dressing, place the avocado, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor and blend until the mixture is light and creamy.
- To assemble the salad, place a handful of mixed greens on a plate and top with the roasted veggies. Spoon on the Avocado Dressing and serve!