What Is a 4-H Presentation?
Communication is the backbone of our society, but being able to express oneself clearly and effectively is not something we are always able to do without some guidance. That’s where the 4-H Presentation Program comes in.
A presentation is an activity where you show or explain something to a group of people. Speaking to an audience is one of the oldest forms of communication, but sometimes can be the most frightening, too–especially if you haven’t had much practice with it.
Participation in the 4-H presentation programs gives students the opportunity to learn:
- How to speak before an audience with poise and confidence
- How to find and research a subject
- How to plan and organize thoughts and information in a logical manner
- How to prepare visual aids
- How to manage stress and time
Would your child aged 5-18 be interested in taking part in the 4-H Presentation Program? It begins in the late spring of each calendar year. To find out more, call 828-894-8218 or send Helen a query by email.