4-H Presentation Program for 2020
4-H Presentations are a huge part of North Carolina 4-H. It is one of the most successful ways to help a young person learn how to give a public speech.
⇒ Find out all about the 4-H Presentation Program
New Presentation Format for 2020
To keep the tradition of 4-H presentations going, this year, we will conduct the presentation program through video submission. Here’s how that will work:
- To participate, first have your youth ages 8-18 explore the range of presentation categories.
- Then contact me either by phone (828-894-8218) or email. I will walk you through the steps of completing and videoing your presentation. I will also guide you on best practices for public speaking.
- In addition to learning an important skill, the presentation program is tied to a competition. I will upload your video for entry into the competition by the deadline of June 15.
- Score sheets will be returned by July 3, informing you of whether you will move onto the next level of competition.
- If so, you have until July 20 to upload an improved video presentation based on the judges’ comments.
- State judging will take place on July 28 and you will be notified of your results after that.
Specific rules relating to presentations are available in the 2020 Presentation Fact Sheet.