4-H Teen Council Starting in January
With the new year comes an exciting opportunity for Polk County teens. Students ages 12-18 can participate in the 2020 4-H County Council starting in January 2020. The goal of membership in this group is to develop leadership skills while helping to build a strong, county 4-H program that benefits all members and volunteers. Teen Council members meet monthly to plan and implement 4-H educational programs, as well as community service, fundraisers and social activities. Youth members may also develop their leadership skills further by holding officer positions including President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, and Reporter.
What’s In It For Teens?
- Develop vital life and leadership skills
- Build new friendships and deepen existing ones
- Experience what it’s like to be part of an active governing body
- Take on roles and responsibilities that stand out on college applications
- Travel to district, statewide, and national retreats and leadership conferences
- Have a say in future 4-H programming and activities
- Participate in unique field trips designed just for them, such as ski trips, movie outings, and cookouts
How To Sign Up
Do you have a 12 to 18-year-old who would benefit from a collaborative program that builds responsibility, self-confidence, and community? Sign up for Polk County 4-H Teen Council on our Registration Page.