Fall 2019 Program Registration – Polk County 4-H
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Even if your kids and teens aren’t overly excited about heading back to school, this time of year also brings with it the opportunity to register to be part of Polk County’s 4-H Fall programs. While we have kept many of the most popular clubs, you will also notice a few new ones related to animal science that we think your students will be excited about.
Polk County 4-H Fall Programs for Ages 5-18
(Club Now Full) Cloverbuds Goat Club – For the youngest 4-Hers, we will be offering an introductory goat program. Each week we will have classroom time with informative goat topics and then hands-on time with the 4-H goats. Youth will learn about goats with a curriculum appropriate to their age level. Dates: 9/16, 10/14, 11/18, 12/16. Time: 3:30–5 p.m. Fee: $8
Junior Goat Club – For students ages 8-18 who are new to 4-H Goat Club, we offer this fun and interactive opportunity. Each club session will include classroom time with informative goat topics and then hands-on time with the 4-H goats. Youth will learn about types of goats, goat traits, care and first aid, goat uses and much more. Dates: 9/20, 10/18, 11/15, 12/16. Time: 3:30–5 p.m. Fee: $8
Advanced Goat Club – Any student who participated in our Summer 4-H Goat Club program is eligible to sign up for this Fall club opportunity. Youth will continue to advance their knowledge of goat breeding and care, while also practicing the skills they are gaining with our resident 4-H goats. Dates: 9/24, 10/22, 11/26, 12/16. Time: 3:30–5 p.m. Fee: $8
(Club Now Full) 4-H Cool Cloverbuds – The activities and learning opportunities for 4-H Cloverbuds are designed for students ages 5-8. They concentrate on developing such skills as decision making, discovery, communication, self-confidence, and building relationships. At each meeting, youth explore the world around them in an exciting and nurturing hands-on environment. Dates: 9/10, 10/8. 11/12, 12/10. Time: 3:30–5 p.m. Materials Fee: $12
(Club Now Full) Kids in the Kitchen – Do you have a child or teen, aged 9 and up who is interested in learning to cook? Each club meeting will have a different theme and cover different kitchen skills. September will be focused on apples, October on pumpkins, November on Thanksgiving foods, and December on Christmas cooking. Dates: 9/5, 10/3, 11/7, 12/5. Time: 3:30–5 p.m. Materials Fee: $15
(Session 1 Full, Accepting Registrations for Session 2 only) 4-H Sewing Club, Sessions 1 & 2 – Polk County’s most popular 4-H Club will be kicking off again this fall. It is open to any boy or girl, ages 9 and up, with an interest in learning to sew. Each month, we will work on a project that teaches a new skill. This unique program offers each participant the opportunity to work with an individual mentor, one of our marvelous sewing volunteers. Session 1 Dates: 9/17, 10/15, 11/19, 12/17. Session 2 Dates: 9/18, 10/16, 11/20, 12/18 Time: 3:30–5 p.m. Materials Fee: $20
(Club Now Full) Timbertime Woodworking Club – The 4-H Woodworking Club develops project skills (i.e., safe practices, using hand tools, using power tools, making specialized woodcuts) and life skills (i.e., decision-making, using science and technology, developing communication skills) for students ages 9 & up. All fun-filled, hands-on learning experiences are provided under the direction of responsible adults. Dates: 9/26, 10/24, 11/21, 12/19. Time: 3:30–5 p.m. Materials Fee: $20
4-H Poultry Project – The newest Polk County 4-H club is for those students ages 8 and up with backyard flocks or with an interest in learning about chickens. This program gives youth the opportunity to learn about breeds, care, showmanship, and the poultry industry. Whether you keep poultry for eggs, meat, pets, show, or just want to learn using hands-on methods, the poultry club has something for everyone. Dates: 9/13, 10/11, 11/8, 12/13 Time: 3:30–5 p.m. Fee: $8
- EARLY REGISTRATION: Families with active 4Honline.com profiles AS OF JULY 1, 2019, can register starting Wednesday, August 14.
- General Registration: Fall registration will open to the general public on Wednesday, August 21.
Please note that all clubs have a participation limit. Registration is available on a first come, first served basis.
How to Register:
- Download and print out the Fall Registration Form and bring it by our office at 79 Carmel Drive in Columbus, or mail it to Polk County 4-H at PO Box 477, Columbus, NC 28722 (we also have copies available at our offices). Note: please call our office at 828-894-8218 before registering to confirm open availability for clubs you are interested in.
- OR you can complete our online registration form. We will follow up to confirm your registration once we have received it. (If you do not receive an email confirmation from us within 1-2 business days, please assume that your registration was not submitted successfully.)
- Payments for any program fees should be made within 7 business days of confirmation of registration.
- Payment may be made by CASH OR CHECK ONLY.
- Payment can be submitted in person at the N.C. Cooperative Extension of Polk County or by mail to: Polk County 4-H, PO Box 477, Columbus, NC 28722.
- Checks may be made payable to “Polk County 4-H.“
- If 4-H program fees would prevent your child from participating in a 4-H Summer opportunity, your child may be eligible for a partial scholarship. Scholarship applications may be obtained at the N.C. Cooperative Extension of Polk County offices.
Does your child have friends who would enjoy these 4-H offerings? Please use the links at the top of this post to share it with them by email or social media!